Meet Mark Rober, an ingenious American YouTuber, engineer, inventor, and an esteemed educator. With an insatiable passion for blending science with captivating DIY gadgets, he has garnered a reputation on YouTube for his enthralling videos. In this article, ‘Mark Rober Biography’, we will explore the secrets and facts of the famous YouTuber and engineer Mark Rober.
Mark Rober was born on March 11, 1981, in Orange County, California. He attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where he earned a degree in mechanical engineering in 2004. After graduating, he worked as a research engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Mark Rober as a YouTuber:
Mark Rober Bio
|YouTuber, Engineer, Inventor, and Educator
|Mark B. Rober
Mark Rober Personal details
|Date of birth
|March 11, 1980
|6 feet 1 inch (1.85 meters)
|185 pounds (84 kilograms)
|YouTuber, engineer, inventor, and educator
|Making science videos, do-it-yourself gadgets,
and other interesting science-tech content
Mark Rober GIF
|The Martian by Andy
|Back to the Future
|Favorite holiday spot
Mark Rober Family details
Also read : Lola Tung-Bio, Secrets, Net worth, Facts and more
Mark Rober Education details
Hailing from Brea, California, Mark grew up as the youngest of three siblings, shaping his inquisitive mind from an early age. After completing his education at Brea Olinda High School in 1998, he embarked on a journey of higher learning.
Mark’s pursuit of knowledge led him to achieve a degree in mechanical engineering from Brigham Young University, where he honed his engineering skills. Not stopping there, he sought to quench his thirst for knowledge and obtained a master’s degree from the prestigious University of Southern California.
Mark Rober: Profession details
Entering the world of space exploration, Mark joined NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in 2004, marking the beginning of an adventurous chapter in his life. For a remarkable span of nine years, he contributed his brilliance to JPL, with seven of those years being devoted to the awe-inspiring Curiosity rover, a robotic explorer currently roving the Red Planet, Mars. Mark played a crucial role in the design and implementation of hardware for various JPL missions, including the noteworthy ventures AMT, GRAIL, SMAP, and Mars Science Laboratory.
Mark Rober’s journey continues to unfold, and today, he finds himself immersed in the dynamic tech industry, working diligently at a prominent tech company nestled in the Bay Area. His passion for science, invention, and education continues to inspire and captivate audiences worldwide.
In addition to his YouTube channel, Rober has also written a book, “The Incredible Science of Everyday Things,” and he has hosted a science show on Netflix called “Bill Nye Saves the World.” He is also a co-founder of the non-profit organization The Floating Classroom, which uses science to educate students in underserved communities.
Rober’s videos cover a wide range of scientific topics, including physics, engineering, and chemistry. He often creates his own experiments and demonstrations, which he then shares with his viewers. His videos are both informative and entertaining, and they have helped to inspire a new generation of scientists.
Social Media Links
Mark Rober’s Net worth and Luxuries
|$20 million |
|He owns a Tesla Model 3 and a Tesla Cybertruck.
|He has a collection of gadgets and gizmos that he uses for his videos, such as a glitter bomb trap, a dart board that moves to hit bullseyes, and a robot dog that can pee beer.
|Rober lives in Sunnyvale, California with his wife Lisa and their son.
Mark Rober Interesting facts
- Rober is an advocate for autism awareness as his son has the condition. He has collaborated with other YouTubers such as Mr. Beast and Colin Furze to raise funds for autism research and support.
- Rober has appeared on several TV shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Late Late Show with James Corden, and Shark Tank.
- Rober holds the Guinness World Record for the largest elephant toothpaste experiment ever conducted.
Success and awards
Rober has been very successful on YouTube. His videos have been viewed over 2 billion times, and he has won several awards, including a Streamy Award for Best Science and Education Channel. He has also been featured in several magazines and newspapers, including Time, Wired, and The New York Times.
Secrets about Mark Rober
- He was a former NASA engineer.
- He created the glitter bomb trap to catch porch pirates.
- He has a YouTube channel with over 22 million subscribers.
- He wrote a book called “The Incredible Science of Everyday Things.”
- He is a co-founder of the non-profit organization, The Floating Classroom.
- He is a talented musician. He plays the guitar, piano, and drums, and he has even released his own album.
- He is a bit of a prankster. He has been known to pull pranks on his friends and family, and he even created a glitter bomb trap to catch porch pirates.
- He is passionate about science education. He believes that everyone should have access to science, and he uses his YouTube channel to share his love of science with others.
- He is a role model for young people. He is a positive example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication, and he inspires young people to pursue their dreams.
- He is a kind and generous person. He is always willing to help others, and he is committed to making a difference in the world.
Mark Rober is a talented engineer, scientist, and educator. His work has inspired a new generation of scientists, and he has helped to make science more accessible to everyone. He is a role model for young people everywhere, and he is sure to continue to be successful in the years to come.
Bonus fact: Rober is also a talented musician. He plays the guitar, piano, and drums, and he has even released his own album.[/read]